Wednesday, June 10, 2009

I wish I was Tina Turner

Sandra Bernhard in Martin Scorcese's "The King of Comedy"




I feel completely impulsive tonight.

Anything could happen.

I have so much to tell you. I don't know where to start.

I want to tell you everything about myself... everything you don't know.

Do you like these glasses?

Crystal. Beautiful.

I bought them just for you.

There's something about them... the simplicity of them.

If you don't like them... if there's a doubt in your mind...

You know, sometimes during the day... I'll do the simplest things.

I'll be taking a bath and I say to myself... "I wonder if Jerry's taking a bath right now?"

And I just hope... that you're not drowning or something.

I get really worried about you...like something terrible is going to happen.

I have these daydreams... like I'm with you at the golf course... driving your cart... just driving around.

Need a putter, Jer, you know? Need an iron?

I don't even know how to play golf.

I played with my parents once...

but, uh, but I love you.

I never told my parents that I love them.

They never told me that they loved me either...which was fine with me.

But I love you.

You want some wine?

No, OK

I'm not in the mood to drink either, though.

I'm in the mood to be alone with you.

Why don't we just clear off the table?

I was thinking... why don't we go upstairs?

But that's so predictable.

Let's just take everything off the table... and do it right here.

That would blow your mind.

It would blow my mind.

I've never done anything like that.

I never even had anybody over for dinner.

Let alone, made love on the table.

I want to do that.

I just want to dance.

I want to, like, put on some Shirelles.

I want to be black.

Wouldn't that be insane?

God,you know who I wish was tonight?

I wish I was Tina Turner... just dancing through the room.

Ooh ooh

No comments:

Post a Comment