Friday, April 4, 2008

Selita Ebanks - Most Beautiful


Paper Magazine chose Selita as one of the most beautiful people of 2008 in its annual "Beautiful People" issue:

Selita Ebanks may entice the masses as a Victoria's Secret Angel, but there's much more to this native New Yorker than just seductive stares and sexy lingerie. "Success gives us material things, but the simplicity of my youth has helped me stay grounded and focused," she says of growing up in the Cayman Islands. Ebanks has been giving back by initiating a local mentoring program called the Stardom Youth Foundation. "I remember growing up and not having much, and how the organizations and charities helped my mother give us very memorable Thanksgivings and Christmases. It is a great feeling to know that you can do this for another child." Her exotic mix of Caymanian, Jamaican, Irish, Indian and African descent had her scouted at age 17 while waiting in line at Six Flags, and the rest of her life has been quite a rollercoaster ride. Ebanks has scored the covers of Esquire and Hampton Style, and has also been featured in Sports Illustrated’s coveted Swimsuit Issue for the past two years. She's posed for worldly lensmasters like Peter Lindbergh, Bruce Weber, Carter Smith and Mikael Jansson, and for fashion campaigns with Ralph Lauren, Levi's and Tommy Hilfiger. "It is hard to fully imagine myself as this sexy woman -- I still laugh when I see myself in photos." Looking up to other Angels before her, like Tyra Banks and Heidi Klum, Ebanks hopes to expand her career beyond modeling. "I love to entertain in general -- singing, dancing, acting, modeling,” she says. "I'm a dreamer, but also a perfectionist. I'm going to take as much time to figure out what I truly want to do, but I'll be doing most, if not all, of the above one day."


Patrick Demarchelier photographed Selita for the May 2008 Glamour, in St. Barths on Feb 13-16.

No comments:

Post a Comment