Monday, February 2, 2009

The Imagist on Christina Kruse's Private Vision

On Saturday morning, at 10 am, Wayne Sterling of Models.com & The Imagist interviewed Christina Kruse for an upcoming issue of Spur Magazine

From The Imagist :

Christina Kruse's upcoming exhibit will also feature two limited edition books chronicling her 12 years of work

I was a mess this morning. Late for my Spur It-Girl interview with Christina Kruse I rummaged through my coat and realized I left my camera at home. Duh! Thankfully my I-phone has a record add-on and that saved the day. I'm now sitting at my desk transcribing the interview and I have to say I was really awed by Christina's calm, centered energy. Very dignified but very warm is how I'd describe the aura but most of all super-private in a way that makes the idea of "privacy" feel oddly...chic. . We spoke about her life as an artist, her upcoming exhibit at the Steven Kasher Gallery in NYC on March 5th , her life as a model from the 90's till now and her life as a mother. My favorite quote from the interview ? "As far as I'm concerned when it comes to books and printing everything went downhill after the Guttenburg bible". That gave me a good laugh which I always need when I have to be up early on a Saturday morning. I know I've gone off on my screeds in the past about how "The Industry" fails to recognize the range and complexity inherent in the proposition of a woman. But that's not completely true. Christina is not some blank 15 year old yet her recent bookings have been as enviably blue-chip as any. There's one really beautiful edit coming up in that certain bi-annual fashion bible that I can't wait to see. It proves that the true creatives of the industry work hard to transcend the banality and narrow mindedness of constantly casting only one kind of girl . I want to thank James at Women and Christina for facilitating such an intelligent and civilized Saturday morning.

Solve Sundsbo photographed Christina Kruse for the last issue of POP Magazine on September 17, 2008 in London.

POP Magazine

Model:Christina Kruse
Photographer:Solve Sundsbo
Stylist: Katie Grad
Makeup: Mark Carrasquillo
Hair: Luke Hersheson

No comments:

Post a Comment