Friday, March 20, 2009

Valentino on The View

I love The View.

I work during the day, when The View airs @ 11 am on channel 7. And I don't do Tivo. So I catch up on The View by going to Watching The View (So You Don't Have To). Winnie McCarthy writes the best recaps, and usually posts YouTube links to the "Hot Topics" section.

Hot Topics are the cream in an Oreo cookie. Joy Behar uses her freedom of speech to speak truth to power.Occasionally Barbara Walters uses her freedom of the press to speak her mind- but she retains her tenuous ties to journalism, and can't compromise her professional ethics by stating her actual opinions. When her attention is engaged, Whoopi Goldberg keeps it real. Rarely, Sherri Shepherd uses her life experiences to show me how to see things in a different light. Elizabeth Hasselbeck habitually utilizes mendacity and hubris to pee on my leg and tell me its raining.

Elizabeth Hasselbeck makes Debbie Matenopoulos look like Noam Chomsky.

Joy Behar is the new Edward R Murrow. She alone had the integrity to give John McCain and his mealy mouthed wife a beat down with tough, hard hitting questions- to their face!

The day Meredith Viera left The View was almost as bad as the day Jil Sander left Jil Sander.

The day Rosie O'Donnell quit the View was almost as bad as the day Helmut Lang shut down.

The day Lisa Ling moved on from The View to work on travel documentaries was almost as bad as when Tom Ford left Gucci. Worse actually, because Lisa's departure led to Elizabeth Hasselbeck voicing her intolerance, bigotry, homophobia and misogyny into my living room.

For me, the years when Meredith Viera was moderator, Joy was the funny one, Star was the legal expert and Lisa Ling was the voice of Young America were a Golden Age. Pre-9/11, was a more innocent time, and I treasure my memories of The View from those years the way I treasure my Liz Tilberis/Fabien Baron Harper's Bazaar complete collection.

Worlds collided when Valentino appeared as a guest on The View on Wed to promote the documentary: The Last Emperor.

Obviously, Elizabeth Hasselbeck had to embarrass herself by asking Valentino if he would design a line for Target. As if! Valentino designed Jacqueline Kennedy's wedding dress to Aristotle Onassis. He is now retired, and has said goodbye to all that. Why would he design a sportswear capsule collection for Target? Lets not push it.

I for one cannot wait until the weather gets warm enough to wear my Thakoon for Target windbreaker & trench.

Check out this clip of Valentino on The View, and this weekend take a little time to enjoy The View:

No comments:

Post a Comment